Hans-Hermann Hoppe is one of the most significant libertarian thinkers in the world today. Murray Rothbard could not say enough about his brilliance. Unfortunately, his detractors (and even many of his supporters) have never actually read him. So Stephan Kinsella and I devoted this episode to discussing his body of work. Trust me, this is fun and punchy — especially as it goes along.
About the Guest
Stephan Kinsella is a registered patent attorney, lecturer, and author. He is the Director of the Center for the Study of Innovative Freedom, Founding and Executive Editor of Libertarian Papers, and blogger at The Libertarian Standard.
A Theory of Socialism and Capitalism
The Economics and Ethics of Private Property
Property, Freedom, and Society: Essays in Honor of Hans-Hermann Hoppe
Economic Science and the Austrian Method
The Great Fiction: Property, Economy, Society, and the Politics of Decline
Democracy, the God that Failed: The Economics and Politics of Monarchy, Democracy, and Natural Order
Books by the Guest
Against Intellectual Property
International Investment, Political Risk, and Dispute Resolution: A Practitioner’s Guide
Protecting Foreign Investment Under International Law: Legal Aspects of Political Risk
Ep. 477 Hans Hoppe on How and Why the State Controls Money and Banking
Ep. 370 It Is Impossible to Argue Against Libertarianism Without Contradiction (Stephan Kinsella)
Ep. 151 The Myth of the Rule of Law (John Hasnas)
Ep. 592 Five Mistakes Libertarians Make
Ep. 566 Why Are Some Libertarians Rejecting the Nonaggression Principle?
Ep. 557 The State’s Corruption of Private Law, or We Don’t Need No Legislature
Ep. 547 The Central Rothbard Contribution I Overlooked, and Why It Matters
Ep. 370 It Is Impossible to Argue Against Libertarianism Without Contradiction
Ep. 325 Are Corporations Un-Libertarian?
Ep. 225 Patents and Liberty
Ep. 127 Against Fuzzy Thinking
The Contra Cruise
Join us October 15-22 for an unforgettable week at sea!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.