With the idea of class so central to Marxian theory, libertarians might be tempted to ignore class as a category. But there is in fact such a thing as libertarian class theory, because in libertarian theory there are distinct groups of exploiters and exploited. Gary Chartier joins me to discuss the history and development of libertarian class theory.
About the Guest
Gary Chartier is Associate Dean and Distinguished Professor of Law and Business Ethics at the Tom and Vi Zapara School of Business at La Sierra University, and holds his PhD and LLD from the University of Cambridge.
Skillshare is an online learning community with over 16,000 classes in design, business, and more. Get three months of Skillshare for 99 cents by going to skillshare.com/woods99.
Social Class and State Power: Exploring an Alternative Radical Tradition, eds. David M. Hart, Gary Chartier, Ross Kenyon, and Roderick T. Long
In Restraint of Trade: The Business Campaign Against Competition, 1918-1938, by Butler Shaffer
Other Books by the Guest
Anarchy and Legal Order
Radicalizing Rawls: Global Justice and the Foundations of International Law
The Conscience of an Anarchist
Ep. 90 Was Marx Right? (Peter Klein)
Ep. 387 What Rights Are, Where They Come From, and Whether Animals Have Them
Ep. 292 Anarchy and the Law (Gary Chartier)
Ep. 148 Libertarian: Thick or Thin? (Gary Chartier)
Ep. 129 Righting Rawls (Gary Chartier)
Ep. 25 Do We Need the State? (Gary Chartier)
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.