Is there any kind of stimulus the US did not try in the last 10 years?
- We had 1% interest rates from Greenspan fueling housing.
- We had wars from Bush and Obama fueling defense industry employment.
- We had two rounds of Quantitative easing from the Fed.
- We had cash-for-clunkers.
- We had two housing tax credit packages.
- We had an $800 billion stimulus package from Congress for “shovel-ready” projects.
- We had stimulus kickbacks to states.
- We had HAMP (Home Affordable Mortgage Program).
- We had bank bailouts out the wazoo to stimulate lending.
- We had Small Business lending programs.
- We had central bank liquidity swaps.
- We had Maiden Lane, Maiden Lane II, and Maiden Lane III
- We had Single Tranche Repurchase agreements
- We had the Citi Asset Guarantee
- We had TALF, TARP, TAF, CPFF, TSLF, MMIFF, TLGP, AMLF, PPIP, and PDCF
- We had so many programs the Fed must have run out of letters because they were not given an acronym.