John Locke tries to rest the legitimacy of government on the consent of the people. But can they really give consent? Locke himself admitted that unanimous consent was impossible, but thought the state could be legitimized anyway. Lysander Spooner thought otherwise: if we as individuals do not consent to an arrangement, it cannot be enforced on us.
How to Get This Course
(1) Directly, a la carte, at TomWoodsHomeschool.com.
(2) As one of the courses available after registering for the Ron Paul Curriculum.
(3) As a Master member of LibertyClassroom.com.
(4) As a Supporting Listener of the Tom Woods Show at the Gold level or above.
Ep. 322 Lysander Spooner: Anti-Slavery, Pro-Secession
Ep. 336 A Libertarian Gallop Through Political Thought
Ep. 545 About That Social Contract I Never Signed…
Ep. 969 Where Do Rights Come From?
Ep. 1086 Lysander Spooner: The Evolution of a Radical Libertarian
Ep. 1274 Major Discovery: Previously Lost Works by Lysander Spooner
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio Production by: