Chris Calton joins me to discuss one of the most fascinating figures in libertarian history, and how he evolved from defending the Constitution against the claim that it favored slavery all the way to rejecting the very idea that the U.S. Constitution, or any other constitution, could truly bind the people.
“From Abolitionist to Anarchist: Lysander Spooner’s Radical Transition through the Civil War,” by Chris Calton
Guest’s YouTube Channel
Ep. 1047 Early Anarchists, from Godwin to Spooner — What Did They Believe? (Gerard Casey)
Ep. 323 Does the Constitution Bind Anyone?
Ep. 322 Lysander Spooner: Anti-Slavery, Pro-Secession
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.