Robert Nisbet is one of a handful of conservatives to have seen the major problems with American conservatism as we know it. In this episode, Drawn from my remarks at a 2005 Mises Institute conference on fascism, I discuss executive power, centralized power, the military, and related superstitions.
Ep. 650 Fascism: The Career of a Concept (Paul Gottfried)
Ep. 446 No, Progressives, Capitalism Isn’t Fascism: Here’s What Nazi Germany’s Economy Looked Like
Ep. 386 What Fascism Is, and Why It Isn’t Just a Name for Everything People May Oppose (Paul Gottfried)
The Contra Cruise
Join us October 15-22 for an unforgettable week at sea!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.