Today’s episode takes a brief look at economic downturns dating back to the 19th century, and argues that they weren’t spontaneous occurrences of the free market. Fun!
I delivered this talk at a Mises Institute event in 2009.
Ep. 664 How the Fed Screwed Up Before and During the Great Depression (Jeff Herbener)
Ep. 568 Why Were the 1970s So Bad? Federal Reserve, I’m Looking in Your Direction
Ep. 418 The Truth About One of Those Pre-Fed Depressions (Patrick Newman)
Ep. 346 The Fed Caused the Meltdown
Ep. 345 Economic Cycles Before the Fed
Ep. 282 Jim Grant on the Forgotten Depression (Jim Grant)
Learn the history they didn’t teach you at Tom’s Liberty Classroom. Get a discount via our coupon page: LibertyClassroom.com/coupons.
The Contra Cruise
Join us October 15-22 for an unforgettable week at sea!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.