I asked David Gordon, possibly the most well-read person I’ve ever met, what books he thought libertarians should read. The result was this engaging discussion!
About the Guest
David Gordon holds a Ph.D. in intellectual history from UCLA, and is a senior fellow of the Mises Institute.
AmmoSeek is the premier search engine to help people quickly find ammunition, guns, magazines, and reloading components at the best prices. Check them out at AmmoSeek.com.
John T. Flynn, The Road Ahead: America’s Creeping Revolution (PDF version here)
Harry Elmer Barnes, The Genesis of the World War
Murray N. Rothbard, Power and Market
Ludwig von Mises, Planning for Freedom
Eric Voegelin, The New Science of Politics: An Introduction
Other Books Discussed
John T. Flynn, The Roosevelt Myth
Shawn Ritenour, ed., The Mises Reader (Unabridged) (epub and PDF here)
T. Hunt Tooley, The Great War: Western Front and Home Front
Guest’s Books (Selected)
The Essential Rothbard
Resurrecting Marx: The Analytical Marxists on Freedom, Exploitation, and Justice
Ep. 875 Taxation Isn’t Theft Because It’s Not Your Money
Ep. 695 Thomas Sowell, Robert Nozick, and Richard Epstein: The Good and Bad in Three Fellow Travelers
Ep. 407 Marxism and Its Fallacies
Listener Website Mentioned
Learn the history they didn’t teach you at Tom’s Liberty Classroom. Get a discount via our coupon page: LibertyClassroom.com/coupons.
The Contra Cruise
Join us October 15-22 for an unforgettable week at sea!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.