How did the low-fat, high-carb diet become entrenched within nutrition science, to the point that dissenters virtually disappeared? The answer gives us a fascinating glimpse into how nutrition science — far from being dispassionately devoted to whatever conclusions the empirical evidence pointed to — became politicized, and how dissenting voices were silenced.
Get a free trial set (just an eeny weeny shipping charge) from Harry’s razors — handle, five-blade cartridge, and shave gel — when you sign up at Harrys.com/woods.
About the Guest
Nina Teicholz is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Big Fat Surprise, named the #1 science book of 2014 by The Economist. Before that, she was a reporter for National Public Radio and contributed to many publications, including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the New Yorker.
The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet
Ep. 266 Get Healthy (Mark Sisson)
Ep. 29 The Paleo Solution (Robb Wolf)
Ep. 12 Reject the Food Pyramid (Mark Sisson)
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.