Thomas Sowell, a prolific scholar who has had a great influence on me, ended his syndicated column a couple of weeks ago. Gene Epstein of Barron’s joins me for an overview of Sowell’s work on race, economics, and more.
About the Guest
Gene Epstein is economics and book review editor of Barron’s.
The Economics and Politics of Race: An International Perspective
Civil Rights: Rhetoric or Reality?
Knowledge and Decisions
The Quest for Cosmic Justice
The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy
Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy
“Budget Politics,” By Dr. Thomas Sowell
Econospinning: How to Read Between the Lines When the Media Manipulate the Numbers
Ep. 728 Can Libertarians Make a Decent Case for Free Trade?
Ep. 704 Adam Smith, Not the Founder of Economic Science
Ep. 634 The Economic Freedom of the World: What the Numbers Tell Us
Ep. 473 Does the Economy Do Better Under the Democrats, and Has Obama Been Better Than Reagan?
Ep. 462 We Found a Major Flaw in the Egalitarian Argument
Ep. 450 Noam Chomsky Led Me to Libertarianism, Says Guest
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.