Don Boudreaux, professor of economics at George Mason University, joins me to review some of the more common complaints against markets, as reflected in recent books by well-known authors.
About the Guest
Don Boudreaux is a professor of economics at George Mason University and a senior fellow at the Mercatus Center.
Throwing Rocks at the Google Bus, by Douglas Rushkoff
Phishing for Phools, by George A. Akerlof and Robert J. Shiller
Debtors’ Prison: The Politics of Austerity Versus Possibility, by Robert Kuttner
Seven Bad Ideas: How Mainstream Economists Have Damaged America and the World, by Jeff Madrick
Hypocrites & Half-Wits: A Daily Dose of Sanity from Cafe Hayek
Ep. 480 Is Free Trade Helpful or Harmful for America?
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.