Today we look at the thought of G.A. Cohen, a Marxist who actually tried to deal with libertarian ideas without caricaturing them. His ideas can help us sharpen our arguments, and can show us where egalitarianism leads. The bulk of this episode is drawn from my 90-lesson government course I created for the Ron Paul Curriculum.
Learn the history and economics they didn’t teach you at Tom’s Liberty Classroom. Take $20 off a yearly subscription with coupon code SMASH, and $100 of a lifetime subscription with code MASTERY (codes must be entered in all caps). Click here to check it out.
How to Get This Course
There are three ways to get the 90-lesson government course this episode is drawn from.
(1) A la carte at TomWoodsHomeschool.com
(2) As part of the Ron Paul Curriculum
(3) As a Master member of Liberty Classroom
Ep. 519 Debate/Discussion: Should Libertarians Support a Basic Income Guarantee? (Matt Zwolinski)
Ep. 445 John Rawls and the Left’s Case for Redistribution
Ep. 129 Righting Rawls (Gary Chartier)
Listener Website Mentioned
Enjoy the Tom Woods Show? You’ll love my once-a-week podcast with Bob Murphy, Contra Krugman!
1) Free eBook on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Click here!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.