Bob Murphy has co-written far and away the best book on health care from a libertarian perspective. But it’s not just economics and policy in here, great and original as that material is. It’s also chapters like “Surviving the Hospital” and “Medical Screening & Elective Procedures: Worth the Risk?” One of my favorite episodes so far.
About the Guest
Robert P. Murphy, who holds a Ph.D. in economics from New York University, is a Research Assistant Professor with the Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University. He is the author of numerous books, including Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action (Independent Institute, 2015), as well as study guides to Ludwig von Mises’ Human Action (study guide here) and The Theory of Money and Credit (study guide here), and Murray Rothbard’s Man, Economy, and State (study guide here).
1) Mises Canada is hosting the fourth annual International Conference on Prices and Markets in beautiful Toronto November 6–7, 2015. Your favorite Austrian economists will be speaking. Check it out!
2) Don’t be taken in by gold scams — and there are lots of them. Arm yourself with this free report from Schiff Gold.
The Primal Prescription: Surviving the “Sick Care” Sinkhole, by Doug McGuff, MD and Robert P. Murphy, PhDGet Your Free Audiobook
Other Books by the Guest
Lessons for the Young Economist (free textbook; click here for a free teacher’s manual)
Chaos Theory (available free)
Understanding Bitcoin (with Silas Barta; available free)
The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism (also available as an audiobook)
The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Great Depression and the New Deal (also available as an audiobook)
Ep. 266 Get Healthy (Mark Sisson)
Tom’s Primal Resource
Enjoy the Tom Woods Show? You’ll love my once-a-week podcast with Bob Murphy, Contra Krugman!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free audiobook. Get the audiobook version (with me reading it!) of my latest book, Real Dissent: A Libertarian Sets Fire to the Index Card of Allowable Opinion, or one of hundreds of thousands of other titles, through this special offer.
4) $140 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.