Supporters of Barack Obama say his economic record is actually quite strong, and that right-wingers simply can’t accept that. David Stockman, formerly of the Reagan administration, reduces these claims to rubble, and then destroys the rubble.
Among the issues covered:
- Has Barack Obama been a great job creator?
- Has Obama outperformed Ronald Reagan on job creation?
- Is it true that the low labor force participation rate is just a function of retiring Baby Boomers?
- Did “the sequester” interrupt Obama’s otherwise successful rejuvenation of the economy?
- Would more infrastructure spending help the economy?
- What has real investment growth been like?
- Isn’t the booming stock market an indication that the president is on the right track?
About the Guest
David Stockman, a former member of the U.S. Congress, served as chairman of the Office of Management and Budget under Ronald Reagan (1981-1985). Following a subsequent career on Wall Street, Stockman opened his own private equity fund company, Heartland Industrial Partners, in Greenwich, Connecticut. He is the author, most recently, of The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America.
“Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs, Growth And Investing,” by Adam Hartung
“Ignore the Haters: Obama Helped Save the U.S. Economy,” by Danny Vinik
“15 Years Of Stimulus—Nothing To Show,” by David Stockman
David Stockman, The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in AmericaGet Your Free Audiobook
David Stockman’s Contra Corner
Ep. 392 Fifteen Years of Stimulus, and Nothing to Show
Ep. 299 The Keynesian Toolbox Is Empty
Ep. 185 Stockman on War and the Fed
Ep. 128 David Stockman on Keynes and the GOP
Ep. 66 David Stockman on Krugman, the Fed, and the Future
If you enjoy the Tom Woods Show, my new book — Real Dissent: A Libertarian Sets Fire to the Index Card of Allowable Opinion — is for you. Check it out! And get a free copy of the audiobook version, with me reading it, at TomWoodsAudio.com.
I’ve also released a brand new, free eBook: 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered. Click here to get your copy!