Jonathan Haidt, a generally level-headed academic, has been arguing that social media use contributes to depression in teen girls. A great many people, since the thesis sounds plausible enough, assume the claim has more or less been proven. But the studies alleging a link range from poor to embarrassing. Aaron Brown joins us to review the evidence.
CrowdHealth is a community of people who are tired of paying for a broken system. A place where you can get a simple, flexible, and affordable way to pay for your healthcare. Being in the CrowdHealth community can save hundreds of dollars monthly and put thousands of dollars back in your pocket. Save 50% for the first six months at JoinCrowdHealth.com/99, using code WOODS.
The Statistically Flawed Evidence That Social Media Is Causing the Teen Mental Health Crisis
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) I’m giving away three free courses from my Liberty Classroom: “Critical Theory, Cultural Studies, and Postmodern Theory” (by ex-Marxist Michael Rectenwald), “The History of Conservatism and Libertarianism,” and “How Alexander Hamilton Screwed Up America.” Get them at ThreeFreeCourses.com.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.