Kevin McKernan joins me to discuss the problems with PCR testing during the pandemic, and why they’re yielding results that are, to say the least, unhelpful.
In 2000 Kevin founded Agencourt Biosciences Corporation, which specialized in manufacturing DNA and RNA purification technology known as SPRI. It became the largest private DNA sequencing company at its time and received NHGRI grants to become their fifth genome center.
Beckman Coulter acquired Agencourt in 2005 and jointly spun out Agencourt Personal Genomics, which invented and commercialized the SOLiD Sequencer. Applied Biosystems acquired ApG in 2006.
After five years with Applied Biosystems/Life tech, Kevin left to start Medicinal Genomics and Courtagen Life Sciences.
Courtagen was a high complexity CLIA lab that performed clinical diagnostic testing using PCR and sequencing.
Medicinal Genomics is a cannabis Genomics company that builds Viral and microbial PCR assays for the cannabis field.
Press House Coffee, the official coffee of the Tom Woods Show, is the most delicious I’ve ever tasted. You can get that classic diner coffee you love, but you can also get delicious flavors — and it’s not the usual add-a-chemical kind of “flavored” coffee, but real coffees blended to create amazing results. Take 20% off your first order with coupon code WOODS at PressHouseCoffee.com.
Listener Website Mentioned
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.