Bob Murphy and I discuss the view, apparently now mainstream on the left, that socialism has been unjustly demonized, and that it would be quite all right to have the federal government in direct control of fully one-third of the economy. We’re not so sure this is such a super idea.
Krugman Column Discussed
“The Case for a Mixed Economy” (December 22, 2018)
Related eBook (Free)
Education Without the State, by Tom Woods
Related Episodes, Tom Woods Show
Ep. 983 Can We Really Measure the “Happiest” Countries?
Ep. 717 The Myth of Nordic Socialism (Nima Sanandaji)
Ep. 523 Now They Say Norway Is the Model to Follow (Morten Rolland)
Ep. 338 Did Sweden Succeed Because of Government? (Johan Norberg)
Ep. 32 The World’s Happiest Country? (Christian Bjørnskov)
Ep. 17 Is Sweden a Good Model? (Per Bylund)
Contra Krugman Ep. 6 Enough About Denmark Already: Here’s What Krugman and Sanders Left Out
About the Guest
Robert P. Murphy, who holds a Ph.D. in economics from New York University, is a Research Assistant Professor with the Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University and a Research Fellow at the Independent Institute. He is the author of numerous books, including Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action(Independent Institute, 2015), as well as study guides to Ludwig von Mises’ Human Action (study guide here) and The Theory of Money and Credit(study guide here), and Murray Rothbard’s Man, Economy, and State (study guide here).
Consulting by RPM (blog)
The Bob Murphy Show
The Lara-Murphy Show
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob and Tom as they set sail for Alaska, July 5-12, 2019!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.