Ten years after the financial crisis, the standard story still dominates: “deregulation” caused it. This is not even slightly true. It’s urgent that we get this right, and not let the Fed’s apologists (and the simply lazy) get away with this comic-book answer that encourages all the wrong kinds of policy responses.
Blinkist lets you read (or listen to) the key lessons and takeaways from 2500+ nonfiction books in 15 minutes or less. Get a 7-day free trial at Blinkist.com/woods.
Book MentionedGet Your Free Audiobook
Free eBook Mentioned
Ep. 1206 The Crisis of ’08: Truth vs. Propaganda
Ep. 783 Did Crazy Financial Instruments Bring Down the Economy? (Edward Stringham)
Ep. 667 Mises and Hayek Caused the Financial Crisis, and the Rest of the World’s Problems, Too
Ep. 660 Steve Forbes and Tom on Financial Meltdown
Ep. 638 Did Deregulation Cause the Financial Crisis? (Peter J. Wallison)
Ep. 377 My Bestselling Experience with Meltdown: My Chance to Educate the Public
Ep. 346 The Fed Caused the Meltdown
Ep. 271 The Truth about the Crash of ’08
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.