Mark Skousen joins me to discuss highlights and lowlights of the history of economic thought, and what we can learn from both.
About the Guest
Mark Skousen is an economist, investment analyst, newsletter editor, college professor, and author.
No more ill-fitting suits off the $99 clearance rack. Get a beautiful custom suit from IndoChino for just $359 and free shipping when you visit IndoChino.com and enter code WOODS at checkout.
The Making of Modern Economics: The Lives and Ideas of the Great ThinkersGet Your Free Audiobook
Other Selected Books by the Guest
A Viennese Waltz Down Wall Street: Austrian Economics for Investors
Investing in One Lesson
Maxims of Wall Street: A Compendium of Financial Adages, Ancient Proverbs, and Worldly Wisdom
Ep. 704 Adam Smith, Not the Founder of Economic Science (Gene Epstein)
“Money in the 1920s and 1930s,” by Richard M. Timberlake
“Money and Gold in the 1920s and 1930s: An Austrian View,” by Joseph T. Salerno
“Inflation and Money: A Reply to Timberlake,” by Joseph T. Salerno
Ep. 1036 What Are Other Economists Missing About the Economy?
Ep. 577 Where Should You Put Your Money? The Answer May Surprise You
Ep. 172 The Fallacies of GDP (Mark Skousen and Jeff Herbener)
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.