Neoconservative historian and Council on Foreign Relations fellow Max Boot recently called on Americans, Republicans in particular, to vote a straight Democrat ticket in November. He just released a book called The Corrosion of Conservatism: Why I Left the Right. He’s been writing and tweeting his regrets about not perceiving his white privilege sooner. (That’s not a joke.) Paul Gottfried joins me to discuss what it all means.
About the Guest
Paul Gottfried is professor emeritus of humanities at Elizabethtown College and a Guggenheim recipient.
Blinkist lets you read (or listen to) the key lessons and takeaways from 2500+ nonfiction books in 15 minutes or less. Get a 7-day free trial at Blinkist.com/woods.
The Corrosion of Conservatism: Why I Left the Right, by Max Boot
Selected Books by the Guest
The Strange Death of Marxism: The European Left in the New Millennium
Fascism: The Career of a Concept
Ep. 1115 Neocons and Messianism Make for Lousy Statesmanship (Claes Ryn)
Ep. 940 The Inside Scoop on the Neoconservatives and the Straussians (Jason Jewell)
Ep. 727 Ex-Neocon: A Refugee from Neoconservatism on His Departure (Scott McConnell)
Ep. 574 Neocon Says Word Neoconservative Is Outdated Now; I Remain Unmoved (Paul Gottfried)
Ep. 490 The Neoconservatives: Jacobins, Not Conservatives (Claes Ryn)
Ep. 313 Non-Intervention, Nullification, Neoconservatism: Tom on Lions of Liberty
Ep. 14 The Neocons: Who They Are (Daniel McCarthy)
Ep. 1164 Cultural Marxism and the Frankfurt School
Ep. 977 Left, Right, and Charlottesville, with Paul Gottfried
Ep. 947 Divided Republicans, Unified Democrats, and Our Future
Ep. 889 The Biases of Historians, Beneath a Magnifying Glass
Ep. 862 The Alt Right
Ep. 650 Fascism: The Career of a Concept
Ep. 574 Neocon Says Word Neoconservative Is Outdated Now; I Remain Unmoved
Ep. 496 Wilsonianism: The Legacy That Won’t Die
Ep. 386 What Fascism Is, and Why It Isn’t Just a Name for Everything People May Oppose
Ep. 87 World War I: Sleepwalk to Suicide
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.