We hear on a regular basis that workers, whether because of free trade, or capitalism generally, or whatever other institution or trend, are getting the short end of the stick. An ever-smaller share of national income is making its way into workers’ pockets. But is that really true? Gene Epstein joins me to get to the bottom of this question.
“Are American Workers Getting Shafted?,” by Gene Epstein
“Gains in Labor Pay Hit a Cyclical High,” by Gene Epstein
Guest’s Debating Society
Econospinning: How to Read Between the Lines When the Media Manipulate the Numbers
Ep. 1226 Michael Malice on Healing Libertarian Rifts (Michael Malice)
Ep. 1188 Just When You Thought We’d Smashed the Schools Good, Along Comes Gene Epstein
Ep. 1131 DEBATE EPISODE: Trump’s Tariffs, Pro and Con (Gene Epstein and Dan McCarthy)
Ep. 1089 Noam Chomsky: The Good and the Bad
Ep. 1063 Nat Turner’s Rebellion: Why a Historical Novel Was So Controversial
Ep. 1021 The Nobel Prize and Behavioral Economics: Anything Here for Austrians?
Ep. 983 Can We Really Measure the “Happiest” Countries?
Ep. 921 The Long History of Presidential Stupidity in Economics
Ep. 891 Fiscal Doomsday: When It’s Coming and What It Looks Like
Ep. 822 The Work of Thomas Sowell: An Appreciation
Ep. 728 Can Libertarians Make a Decent Case for Free Trade?
Ep. 704 Adam Smith, Not the Founder of Economic Science
Ep. 634 The Economic Freedom of the World: What the Numbers Tell Us
Ep. 473 Does the Economy Do Better Under the Democrats, and Has Obama Been Better Than Reagan?
Ep. 462 We Found a Major Flaw in the Egalitarian Argument
Ep. 450 Noam Chomsky Led Me to Libertarianism, Says Guest
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob Murphy and me for our 2018 cruise, featuring special guests and tons of fun!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.