Jeff Deist, former chief of staff to Ron Paul and current president of the Mises Institute, joins me to discuss how we should think about social media de-platforming and what it means (surely libertarians have something more to say than “they’re private companies,” as if we’re never allowed to criticize private companies). We also discuss political correctness: maybe it wasn’t just about politeness after all, and maybe it wasn’t just a figment of the right-wing’s imagination.
Skillshare is an online learning community with over 20,000 classes in design, business, and more. Get two months of Skillshare for 99 cents by going to skillshare.com/woods.
Political Correctness and the Legal Landscape
Ep. 1156 LISTEN TO THIS ONE Is the Term “Libertarian” Still Useful? Jeff Deist on Libertarian Division
Ep. 1084 Trump’s State of the Union: A Breakdown
Ep. 928 Jeff Deist on the Key Libertarian Mistake, and What We Should Do Instead
Ep. 833 Libertarians in a World Gone Mad: Trump’s Early Days and the Leftist Response
Ep. 714 Roundtable on Rothbard, Founder of Libertarianism (Lew Rockwell, Jeff Deist, and Joe Salerno)
Ep. 700 How to Create 100 Octane Austrian Economists (Jeff Deist)
Ep. 685 Roundtable: The Libertarian Party, Its Present and Future
Ep. 596 Libertarian Strategy: What Should We Do?
Ep. 500 Roundtable on Liberty’s Past, Present, and Future with Lew Rockwell, Jeff Deist, and Tom (Lew Rockwell & Jeff Deist)
Ep. 171 Ron Paul’s Chief of Staff
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob Murphy and me for our 2018 cruise, featuring special guests and tons of fun!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.