Mark Thornton joins me to discuss his new book — to which I contributed the foreword — on the so-called “skyscraper curse” and Austrian business cycle theory, and how economists of the Austrian School have been able to spot oncoming crises to which other economists have been blind.
Harry’s razors, the official razors of the Tom Woods Show, know you’ll love their blades, so they want to give you their special trial — a $13 value. Grab yours at harrys.com/woods.
The Skyscraper Curse, and How Austrian Economists Predicted Every Major Economic Crisis of the Last Century
Get the free audiobook version at Mises.org/CurseAudio, and free book downloads (PDF, epub) at
Other Books by the Guest
Tariffs, Blockades, and Inflation: The Economics of the Civil War (with Robert Ekelund)
The Economics of Prohibition
The Quotable Mises
Ep. 630 The Legalization Cure for the Heroin Epidemic
Ep. 443 As the Drug War Recedes, What Are the Results?
Ep. 422 How the Fed Is Helping the Few and Hurting the Rest
Ep. 366 If There Were an Aristocracy of Wrong, Its Lords Would Be Fed Chairmen
Ep. 307 The War on Drugs: Born 100 years Ago – December 17, 2014 – Mark Thornton
Ep. 158 The Fed and the 1%
Ep. 113 Has Austerity Failed?
Ep. 34 The Skyscraper Curse
Listener Website Mentioned
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob Murphy and me for our 2018 cruise, featuring special guests and tons of fun!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.