Dan McCarthy, editor of the venerable journal Modern Age, recently suggested in the Spectator that the Trump phenomenon may have taken the air out of the so-called libertarian moment — partly because that moment wasn’t as libertarian as people thought. Plenty to think about here, and no conversation with Dan is ever dull.
About the Guest
Daniel P. McCarthy is editor of Modern Age, and editor-at-large of The American Conservative.
Need a comfy mattress without breaking the bank? Get $50 toward select mattresses when you use promo code “woods” at casper.com/woods. Terms and conditions apply.
“How Donald Trump eclipsed the ‘libertarian moment’,” by Dan McCarthy
Ep. 1131 DEBATE EPISODE: Trump’s Tariffs, Pro and Con (Gene Epstein and Dan McCarthy)
Ep. 1069 Trump’s 2017: A Review
Ep. 877 Why the Health Care Bill Failed, and What It Means for the Future
Ep. 585 Rand Paul Drops Out; Could Rubio Be the Nominee?
Ep. 262 What Do Left and Right Mean?
Ep. 170 Who’s a Real Conservative?
Ep. 14 The Neocons: Who They Are
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob Murphy and me for our 2018 cruise, featuring special guests and tons of fun!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.