This episode begins with my five-minute opening statement from a FreedomFest debate on abolishing the Federal Reserve System, and then proceeds to discuss further problems with the Fed (as well as problems with the so-called Greenbackers, whose critique of the Fed is that they’d prefer to see the Treasury inflate the currency instead). Plus a very funny story that you shouldn’t miss.
Away carry-ons and suitcases make the perfect gift, with a lifetime guarantee and 100-day trial. There’s a perfect size and color for everyone on your list. Take $20 off a suitcase at awaytravel.com/woods when you use promo code woods at checkout.
Ep. 873 Why the Greenbackers Are All Wrong About the Fed
Ep. 828 Would Imposing Rules on the Fed Solve Our Problems? (Tho Bishop)
Ep. 803 Peter Schiff on Trump, the Trade Deficit, the Fed, and More (Peter Schiff)
Ep. 741 David Stockman: What the Fed and the Feds Have Done to Us, and How to Reverse It (David Stockman)
Ep. 721 The Moral and Material Disasters of Fiat Money (Philipp Bagus)
Ep. 686 We Don’t Need the Fed, a Central Planning Agency (John Tamny)
Ep. 664 How the Fed Screwed Up Before and During the Great Depression (Jeff Herbener)
Ep. 568 Why Were the 1970s So Bad? Federal Reserve, I’m Looking in Your Direction
Ep. 562 The Real JFK: The Fed, the Economy, and More
Ep. 540 Left Attacks Rand Paul on His Fed Comments; We Respond (David Howden)
Ep. 529 Leftist Site Attacks Gold Standard; Here’s Our Smackdown (Joe Salerno and Jeff Herbener)
Ep. 518 Woods Speech: What Has Government Done to Our Money?
Ep. 510 The Truth About the Federal Reserve: A New Strategy for Conveying It (Connor Boyack)
Ep. 477 Hans Hoppe on How and Why the State Controls Money and Banking
Ep. 422 How the Fed Is Helping the Few and Hurting the Rest (Mark Thornton)
Ep. 418 The Truth About One of Those Pre-Fed Depressions (Patrick Newman)
Ep. 397 The Fed: The Lifeblood of the Empire
Ep. 373 How to Rein in the Fed, Right Away (Joe Salerno)
Ep. 366 If There Were an Aristocracy of Wrong, Its Lords Would Be Fed Chairmen (Mark Thornton)
Ep. 346 The Fed Caused the Meltdown
Ep. 345 Economic Cycles Before the Fed
Ep. 269 End the Fed, Then What? (Jeff Herbener)
Ep. 228 Sound Money Goes Off Broadway (Gunnlaugur Jonsson)
Ep. 223 Set Money Free (Chris Rossini)
Ep. 199 The Fed and the Taper (Bob Murphy)
Ep. 185 Stockman on War and the Fed (David Stockman)
Ep. 158 The Fed and the 1% (Mark Thornton)
Ep. 135 Money, Sound and Unsound
Ep. 66 David Stockman on Krugman, the Fed, and the Future (David Stockman)
Ep. 18 Fix the Economy: End the Fed (Hunter Lewis)
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob Murphy and me for our 2018 cruise, featuring special guests and tons of fun!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.