Has America been made great again, or are the same old problems festering beneath the surface? David Stockman, former director of the Office of Management and Budget under Ronald Reagan, gives us the full scoop. Plus, we discuss his recent appearance on the FOX Business Network, in which he batted down several regime apologists at once.
About the Guest
David Stockman, a former member of the U.S. Congress, served as chairman of the Office of Management and Budget under Ronald Reagan (1981-1985). Following a subsequent career on Wall Street, Stockman opened his own private equity fund company, Heartland Industrial Partners, in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Credit Suite helps companies build business credit that’s not linked to the owner’s personal Social Security number. They also help companies obtain business loans and credit lines through over 1,000 different lenders. Check out their free report on how any business, even startups, can qualify for business credit, if it follows the proper steps to. Get that free report at http://www.creditsuite.com/
David Stockman’s Contra Corner
Join on a quarterly or yearly basis through my link and get a one-year Basic Plus subscription to my Liberty Classroom (a $119 value) free. Just forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Join here: http://www.tomwoods.com/corner
Guest’s Selected Books
Trumped!: A Nation on the Brink of Ruin…And How to Bring It Back
The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America
Ep. 1072 David Stockman on Bannon, Trump, and What’s Coming for the Economy
Ep. 927 Is Trump Going Down?
Ep. 741 David Stockman: What the Fed and the Feds Have Done to Us, and How to Reverse It
Ep. 406 David Stockman: Progressive Defenses of Obamanomics Are Laughable
Ep. 299 The Keynesian Toolbox Is Empty
Ep. 185 Stockman on War and the Fed
Ep. 128 David Stockman on Keynes and the GOP
Ep. 66 David Stockman on Krugman, the Fed, and the Future
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob Murphy and me for our 2018 cruise, featuring special guests and tons of fun!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.