Libertarians often point out that war has consequences at home as well. The co-author of a new book on precisely this subject joins me to fill in the details.
About the Guest
Christopher Coyne is the and F. A. Harper Professor of Economics at George Mason University and the associate director of the F. A. Hayek Program for Advanced Study in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at the Mercatus Center. He is the co-editor-in-chief of the Review of Austrian Economics, co-editor of the Independent Review, and book review editor of Public Choice.
Tyranny Comes Home: The Domestic Fate of U.S. Militarism
Guest’s Other Books
After War: The Political Economy of Exporting Democracy
Doing Bad by Doing Good: Why Humanitarian Action Fails
Ep. 378 Why Postwar Germany and Japan Don’t Prove It’s Easy to Spread Democracy
Ep. 154 Why Humanitarian Action Fails
Listener Website Mentioned
The Contra Cruise!
Join Bob Murphy and me for our 2018 cruise, featuring special guests and tons of fun!
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.