Dr. Robert Epstein, former editor of Psychology Today, joins me to discuss his research on how various online services, particularly Google and Facebook, can influence the way people think about a great many important things.
About the Guest
Robert Epstein holds a Ph.D. in psychology from Harvard University, and is the author of 15 books. He is the former editor-in-chief of Psychology Today, founder and director emeritus of the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies in Massachusetts, and senior research psychologist at the American Institute for Behavioral Research and Technology.
Take $5 off your order at Harry’s at harrys.com, where I bought Michael Malice a shave set last year. This deal is good only for the holidays. A great gift idea.
“The Search Engine Manipulation Effect (SEME) and Its Possible Impact on the Outcomes of Elections”
“The New Mind Control”
“Free Isn’t Freedom: How Silicon Valley Tricks Us”
“Seven Simple Steps Toward Online Privacy”
Teen 2.0: Saving Our Children and Families from the Torment of Adolescence
Ep. 1050 How State and Society Invented Adolescence, and Screwed Up Young People
Listener Website Mentioned
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.