Rothbardian anarcho-capitalists, who make up a substantial proportion of my audience, are often confused by non-libertarian anarchists, who don’t seem like real anarchists to them. These anarchists, in turn, feel the same way about anarcho-capitalists. In this episode, Professor Gerard Casey reviews the thought of some of the key thinkers associated with anarchism.
About the Guest
Gerard Casey is professor emeritus of philosophy at University College, Dublin, where he served as department head. He is an associated scholar of the Mises Institute.
Freedom’s Progress? A History of Political Thought
Guest’s Related Book
Libertarian Anarchy: Against the State
“Anarcho-Syndicalism: A Recipe for Ruin,” by Dan Sanchez
Ep. 1012 The Fallacies of Marxism, with Gerard Casey
Ep. 1007 Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Liberty
Ep. 999 “Limited Government” Isn’t Good Enough
Ep. 336 A Libertarian Gallop Through Political Thought
Ep. 117 Libertarian Anarchy
Ep. 507 Anarcho-Capitalism or Anarcho-Socialism? Why We Should Embrace Property Rights
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.