Gerard Casey, professor emeritus of philosophy at University College, Dublin, joins me for an overview of Marxism and its (shall we say) difficulties.
About the Guest
Gerard Casey is professor emeritus of philosophy at University College, Dublin, where he served as department head. He is an associated scholar of the Mises Institute.
Freedom’s Progress? A History of Political Thought
Libertarian Anarchy: Against the State
Ep. 1007 Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Liberty
Ep. 999 “Limited Government” Isn’t Good Enough
Ep. 336 A Libertarian Gallop Through Political Thought
Ep. 117 Libertarian Anarchy
Ep. 744 A Marxist Reckons with Libertarian Ideas
Ep. 586 Why Capitalism Is Morally Superior to Socialism (Jason Brennan)
Ep. 513 Can We Decide on a Main Problem with Socialism? Also: Why the Austrians Are Right About Monopoly (Jeff Herbener)
Ep. 509 Was Karl Marx Right About Anything?
Ep. 507 Anarcho-Capitalism or Anarcho-Socialism? Why We Should Embrace Property Rights
Ep. 408 The Main Reason Socialism Can’t Work (Mateusz Machaj)
Ep. 407 Marxism and Its Fallacies (David Gordon)
Ep. 337 The Fatal Errors of Socialism (James Otteson)
Ep. 91 No, Marx Was Wrong (Peter Klein)
Ep. 90 Was Marx Right? (Peter Klein)
Listener Website Mentioned
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.