Is it really true that the American standard of living is falling, and that our children will be worse off than we are? Martin Feldstein challenged this view in the Wall Street Journal. Jeff Herbener joins me to discuss it.
About the Guest
Jeffrey M. Herbener is chairman of the department of economics at Grove City College and assistant editor of the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics.
I’m king of the airport with my Away carry-on, which is not only durable and beautifully designed for easy organization, but also has a built-in device charger — three outlets, to be precise. Take $20 off your order when you visit awaytravel.com/woods and use promo code woods at checkout.
“We’re Richer Than We Realize [original title],” by Martin Feldstein
Austrian Student Scholars Conference
(The above link has not yet been updated and still contains information about the 2017 conference, but the contact information for paper submission and further information is all correct.)
Ep. 757 DEBATE: Is Fractional Reserve Banking Economically Benign? (Jeff Herbener & John Tamny)
Ep. 745 The Economics of Fractional-Reserve Banking
Ep. 723 Austrian Criticisms of Mainstream Economics Are Sound: Reply to a Critic
Ep. 664 How the Fed Screwed Up Before and During the Great Depression
Ep. 529 Leftist Site Attacks Gold Standard; Here’s Our Smackdown (Joe Salerno and Jeff Herbener)
Ep. 527 Is Austrian Economics Unscientific Because It Doesn’t Conduct Experiments?
Ep. 513 Can We Decide on a Main Problem with Socialism? Also: Why the Austrians Are Right About Monopoly
Ep. 488 Welfare Economics: Rothbard Was Right
Ep. 456 Monopoly Is Everywhere, Say Mainstream Economists; Austrians Roll Eyes
Ep. 403 Austrian Microeconomics: Where the Critics Go Wrong
Ep. 269 End the Fed, Then What?
Ep. 257 Austrian Economics vs. a Mainstream Text
Ep. 172 The Fallacies of GDP
Ep. 130 The Fallacies of ‘Public Goods’
Listener Website Mentioned
1) Free guide on how to start your blog or website. Click here to get it. Plus, check out my step-by-step video taking you from no blog to a blog in about five minutes!
2) Free publicity for your blog. As a special thanks if you get your hosting through one of my affiliate links (this one for Bluehost, or this one for WP Engine), I’ll boost your blog. Click here for details.
3) Free History Course: The U.S. Presidents — Politically Incorrect Edition. Get access to this 22-lesson course: 22 videos, 22 mp3 files for listening on the go, and a bibliography of reliable books on the presidents. Get it at FreeHistoryCourse.com!.
4) $160 in Free Bonuses. Free signed copy of my New York Times bestseller The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, plus a free 10-lesson bonus course on the foundations of liberty, plus a free year’s subscription to LibertyClassroom.com, when you subscribe to the Ron Paul Curriculum site through RonPaulHomeschool.com.
5) Free Books. Boost your intellectual ammunition with my free libertarian eBooks, including 14 Hard Questions for Libertarians — Answered, Bernie Sanders Is Wrong, and Education Without the State. Find them at TomsFreeBooks.com.
Audio by Chris Williams Audio.