Over the past several weeks I have mentioned that I’ve been at work on a K-12 homeschool curriculum. That wasn’t the whole story. Today I can tell you the whole story: it is the Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum.
There is nothing like this curriculum anywhere. Here are just a few of the factors that set it apart.
(1) Students will learn the origins and travails of liberty in the Western world and in the United States in particular.
(2) Students will learn the economics of the Austrian School.
(3) Students can learn at their own pace. If they’re advanced and move more quickly, they can quiz out of the first two years of college and enter college as juniors.
(4) The emphasis in this program is not simply on teaching from a different point of view, or teaching material that no other school or curriculum offers, although the Ron Paul Curriculum does both of these things. But it also emphasizes oral and written communication, so that students will be able to spread and defend their ideas effectively. Students will have their own blogs, start YouTube channels, and even learn the basics of video production, website design, and Internet marketing.
(5) It’s cheap. For access to the forums, it’s $250 per year. Each course is just $50. No textbooks — they’re awful, and we use pdfs and primary documents to teach students — so you’ll save hundreds of dollars that way as well.
(6) Parents who wish they’d had the chance for this kind of education can listen to the lectures their children are hearing. We’ve made them of a length that works well with the average commute.
The curriculum is still in progress, but plenty of grades are ready now, and the whole thing will be finished by 2016. Lots of families are using it already, though.
My own role will be to teach high school courses in Western civilization, the U.S. Constitution, government, and the history of American wars. All the courses on the site are available as part of the overall curriculum or a la carte, for those who would like individual courses.
These courses are centered around a 36-week schedule, five lessons (25 minutes each) per week per course. This means that for each course I will need to record 180 lessons. If you are wondering why I have not found the time to answer your email lately, I hope you will understand now. I have dropped not quite everything, but quite a bit in order to focus on this.
Here’s my three-minute pitch:
This, I am convinced, will prove to be Ron Paul’s most significant contribution to the cause of liberty — and that’s saying something. Please check it out, and stay tuned for more news as we move forward with this exciting project.
For people wondering what Ron Paul has been up to since retiring from Congress, then, here’s your answer. And he has more announcements coming.
Tonight Dr. Paul will speak to a very large homeschool convention in Ohio. He has a book coming out on education. This is all part of the same package: Ron Paul’s revolution in homeschooling. Be a part of it.
One last thing: if you want $140 in free bonuses to accompany your subscription to the Ron Paul Curriculum, be sure to join via my special page: RonPaulHomeschool.com.